“To enter The Leeds Library is to reconnect to my home city, and to revel in the experience of being surrounded by the world of books.” – Caryl Phillips, author and patron of The Leeds Library.
Become a Leeds Library Member and enjoy one of Leeds’ cultural gems throughout the year. Benefits include:
- Catalogue: full access to around 140,000 titles including books, over 60 magazines, daily newspapers, audio books, CDs and DVDs (at no extra charge)
- A postal loans service
- An eBooks Library
- Access to the online PressReader service with more than 7,000 newspapers and journals
- Access to Drama Online and the collections of the National Theatre, The Globe Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company and LA Theatre Works
- Access to a range of online learning courses from the Idler
- Access to JSTOR for a wide range of academic journal articles in the arts and humanities. Available in the Library only on the Member pcs.
- A click and collect service
- A great personal service from friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Member driven collections, acquired through our expert selections and your requests
- No fines
- Generous borrowing limits
- A reservation service
- A perfect location to study, write or research
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the Library
- Access to an architecturally beautiful Georgian building, rich in history
- A wide events programme with entry at reduced rates and access to members only events, including our Book Club, Craft Club and Film Club
- Regular email updates and a newsletter
- A dedicated Membership Administrator
- Discounted rates on room hire at the Library (excluding wedding bookings)
- Coffee corner to enjoy refreshments
- A quiet haven from the bustling city
If you are interested in joining you need to complete an application form and payment and provide two forms of identification – something with your current address on such as a recent utility bill and something with your signature on such as a bank card. If you would like to become a Member, we offer Individual, Household, Concessionary, Remote and Access memberships. If you prefer to pay monthly or quarterly by Direct Debit, or the full amount in person, call us to speak to the Membership Administrator, Claire O’Brien or any member of staff. For the book and heritage lovers in your life, we also offer Gift Membership to the Library, a unique gift that lasts all year round!
You can join online using your Paypal account, pay by credit or debit card over the telephone on 0113 245 3071 during our opening hours, or drop in to the Library in person. We look forward to welcoming you!