The Library run a Members Film Club on the first Saturday of the month and the middle Wednesday. The club is for members but up to 2 guests can accompany them. We show contemporary and classic films from the Library’s collection and they are curated by the Library team. A list of future films is available in house but bookings should be made through Eventbrite.
The Leeds Library Book Club
The Leeds Library Members’ Book Club has been in operation since 1999 and meets monthly in the Library’s New Room.
The Leeds Library Book Club will:
- Welcome a maximum of 25 members. Currently, the Club has a full complement of members, so a waiting list is being kept by the Book Club co-ordinator
- Exist only for the members of the Leeds Library
- Convene on the first Tuesday of the month at 10.30am in the Leeds Library
- Ensure that the layout of the room will be returned to its original form after the meeting concludes
- Issue to the Librarian at least three months prior to it commencing, the list of the next 6 month’s books
The Library will:
- Spend up to £20 a month purchasing extra copies of each book for borrowing by the Club, at least one month prior to the date of the discussion meeting. Following the meeting, the extra copies will be sold.
- Issue each member with a name badge to be kept at the Leeds Library Counter and worn during Book Club meetings.
Each Christmas the Leeds Library holds a sherry party for its members. This much anticipated and highly enjoyable event is a great way to get together with other members, staff and trustees.