Thomas Johnson (c. 1762-1814) was architect of the new Leeds Library building completed in 1808. A pupil of James Wyatt of London, he seems to have started practice in Leeds in about 1787 and may have been the son of another Leeds architect, William Johnson. Thomas was involved in the development of the Albion Street/Commercial Street area. He built 1 Albion Place for William Hey Esq. (1793) and Holy Trinity Church, Halifax (1795-1798). He might have worked on the reconstruction of the south-west wing of Temple Newsam House, Leeds.
Colvin, Howard – A biographical dictionary of British architects 1600-1840 (3rd edition, New Haven and London, Yale University Press, 1995, p. 552)